Iced Lemon Pound Cake
I love to cook for other people, so I found a great recipe for Lemon Pound cake
(cause I love citrus flavored baked goods and I wanted to play with my Young
Living Essential Oils) at One Project Closer (www.oneprojectcloser.com) on the
Better Half side and made some subtle changes. Mainly, mine was not as healthy
(the original recipe called for all organic ingredients) and I use more lemon
EO, because I LOVE the lemon flavor!
enough lemony flavor to make me close my eyes and go “mmmmmmmmmm”. However, I
did not get to enjoy the leftovers, because Tesla, our 120 pound lap dog,
decided she REALLY needed lemon pound cake while we were at church.
1 ½ c. All Purpose Flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda (make sure it is aluminum free!)
½ tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature and beaten
1 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, softened (Kerrygold rocks)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice (about 1 ½ lemons)
8-10 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
½ c coconut oil, melted
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
2-4 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
WARNING: Since you are working with lemon EO, make sure you using ONLY glass and stainless steel cooking utensils and mixing bowls. Adding lemon EO to plastic or aluminum may result in leaching of toxins into your food. See the Anointed By Abba Store (affiliate link) for affordable glass & stainless accessories.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350º. Grease and flour 9×5 metal or glass loaf pan (I use coconut oil).
2. If you are using a stand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and lemon juice and let it mix on low.
3. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until smooth.
5. In a glass bowl or cup, add the Young Living Lemon Essential Oil to the melted coconut oil. Mix well.
6. Add to remaining mix.
(At this point, you could add in fresh blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries if you wanted to)
7. Pour into cake pan. Bake 40 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes. While it is sitting, mix up glaze ingredients in a small glass bowl.
9. Remove cake from pan and immediately dump the glaze onto it. You may need to spread the glaze over the top to get it to flow down the edges.
10. Allow cake to cool completely (if you can!) and enjoy.
AMAZING butter, check out the Kerry Gold Irish Butter™. That is some amazing, yummy, healthier butter.
find it!If you’d like to order a Young Living Starter kit and then receive 24% off all your Young Living essential oil purchases, click here: Learn@YL
If you’d rather order Young Living essential oils or Einkorn flour at retail prices, that’s OK too. You can use the same link. Lemon oil is very inexpensive, but you’ll want a quality oil good enough to consume, and we only trust Young Living Vitality. (Also, Jade Lemon Vitality s one we love to play with in this recipe, only available from Young Living. Jade lemon has an intense lemon flavor–like lemon on steroids)