Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer!
In no way should you substitute what’s in this blog for your own judgement. (That’s how you know it’s gonna be good-LOL!) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and always consult with your doctor before beginning any health regimen. The blog 100% ORGANIC Couples Massage Oil – 10 things I learned about love & oils also contains affiliate links. I can only recommend the products I actually use.
100% ORGANIC Couples Massage Oil – 10 things I learned about love & oils
SO, here we are. 🙂 Another Valentines’s Day is upon us. This one is going to be oilier than in years past, and WOOOHOOO! I learned a thing or ten about making things fun and exciting…between the sheets. (A little fortune cookie humor for ya)
- The first thing I learned is that a regular evening massage has never, ever hurt a marriage. LOL! So if it’s not part of your routine, think about adding that in. 😉
- The second thing I learned is that sensing things through touch is amplified with any carrier oil no matter which side of the oil you’re on. Let that one sink in…hee hee hee!
- Third–there are tons of gross things in storebought massage oils and lubricants that aren’t safe. Are y’all familiar with parabens? They’re linked to cancer and they’re IN the stuff you can buy in the store. (Seriously, parabens have been found in breast cancer tumors!)
- I am so sorry to say this now, but now would be the time. The fourth thing… We shouldn’t put anything ON our bodies that we would not put IN our bodies. Mmhmm. I’m not saying I would… but we should be able to eat it.
My first experience realizing this was when I applied YL peppermint topically, and a few hours later I burped and could taste it! A light bulb moment for me, because I realized my body is constantly taking in and using what I am putting on my skin – no more denying that. And there aint no parabens in nature! Our bodies just store them in our organs and FAT. Essential oils, however, are recognized by the body, and the’re utilized and also quickly metabolized. They get in, do their job and get out. That’s why we love them! Our bodies love them. And exactly why we love them in the bedroom! (Hooray!) Back to the subject…
- Another thing I learned is that there are a ton of benefits to using coconut oil in our diets, and therefore it is a great choice to use on our skin. It works amazingly as a personal lubricant, massage oil, moisturizer and so much more. It’s a much better alternative to personal lubricants we buy in stores, which are filled with toxic ingredients (such as parabens, petroleum-based ingredients, phenoyxethanol, glycerin, propylene glycol and chlorhexidine) that can be found in industrial cleaners. Do you want that on your body? Yeah, I didn’t think so. So there’s yer # five…
Couples Massage Oil Recipes….
Here’s a nice safe dilution for newbies with essential oil substitute suggestions below. Old pro’s can double or even triple it up. If you want even more heat, add in some black pepper essential oil, which now comes with a dietary ‘vitality’ label. LOL! Make some salad dressing, make some sex oil. 🙂 It’s all good. Whatever you’re comfortable with, cupcake! The fun part is you get to play with different recipes and see what works for you two.
*If you don’t have these oils, try 20 or so grapefruit or orange vitality with 10 or so peppermint vitality and see how that works in 4 ounces of fractionated coconut oil. Maybe even add in a drop or two of Thieves vitality for heat? Tee hee! Or Stress Away, cuz…stress…away!?? That, and vanilla is one of the top scents that men find sexy. JS… Only have the premium starter kit? No problem! Experiment with Stress Away, Thieves and Peppermint! They’re all included.
…and run for the hills.
LOL! Oh, I’m having flashbacks of our early oily days… If you want to know how to get your man ‘on board’ with ‘these oils’ bring them into the bedroom! He’ll be chasing you at night and stalking the UPS truck by day.
•The 6th thing I learned is more like 10,000 things I’ve learned about essential oils supporting a good healthy body. Hopefully you’re on the same journey already and learning lots about that too. For instance, good blood flow contributes to a healthy sex life for him AND for her. If you’re not getting an education on what essential oils can do for you, click here to get started learning more.
•Soooo, I’ve had Sensation essential oil blend for a long time and thought it was a lovely addition to my collection of essential oils inspiring romance (Swoon!) before a good friend told me what to REALLY do with it. So, I’ll let you in on this little ‘secret’ too, OK? One drop–applied neat–there. Yes, there! Right on the hoo-ha equals wa-hoo. There, I said it. And that’s lucky number 7.
Heads up, that’s not going to work for everybody. If you’re new, dilute that into a tsp. of fractionated coconut oil or more. As with any oil and any application – go slow.
The Reference Guide for Essential Oils – Sensation:
Rosewood: is soothing to the skin, appeasing to the mind, relaxing to the body and creates a feeling of peace and gentleness.
Ylang Ylang: may help balance the male-female energies so one can move closer towards being in spiritual attunement and be able to focus their thoughts, filtering out the ever-present garbage. It brings back feelings of self-love, confidence, joy and peace.
Jasmine: is very uplifting to the emotions; it may produce a feeling of confidence, energy, euphoria and optimism.
• Because the aroma of this blend of oils is so uplifting and arousing, it creates a feeling of excitement and romance, which may help move one to new heights of self-expression and awareness. So yeah…yeehaw, number 8.
• The ninth thing I would like to share is this interesting comment on “Laura’s Essential Oil Blog”, found in my research for this blog, and it made a lot of sense. “This morning I had a moment or two while eating breakfast to read in an aromatherapy book and I found the most amazing thing. It seems that men make a hormone called androsterone which is secreted in their armpits. This hormone which is in a man’s body odor, when inhaled by women, regulates her hormones. The author recommended that a woman have sex 3 or 4 times a week and sleep with her head nestled against her husband’s armpit in order to regulate her periods, etc.”
Man & woman. I would believe that we are chemically dependent on each other! Physical closeness IS a key part of marriage. And a lot of times, physical closeness can be a ‘way in’ to overcome some kind of emotional distance. God sure created interesting creatures!
• And #10? **drumroll** In a word? Goldenrod. **cymbal crash** Let’s just say it – lives up to it’s name. And now I know why it’s always out of stock!
(Currently IN STOCK as of 2/10/18-under $20 get one quick!) Goldenrod will help bloodflow in the body. A few drops can be applied topically as part of a massage oil blend, or about 3 drops taken by capsule according to Lucy Libido. 🙂
You can store a non toxic DIY massage oil in a glass pump bottle, like one of these (click for a great deal on Amazon. I do NOT recommend plastic) and decorate it if you want to. (You should DUIT. It’s fun) I used a blue bottle & added black flourish stickers and black bling. Use whatever you like! If you’re concerned about glass breakage, consider using a decorative duct tape on your bottle. That’ll make it shatterproof. 😉
If you’re not scared, read our post sharing the best Valentine’s roller ball recipes 2017.
Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Lucy Libido! Allll the info is in there!!
We’ve done a litle research on fun diffuser recipes for inspiring romance…
Click here to order the therapeutic grade essential oils I use at retail prices (Goldenrod is item #3562 and limited to one per account! Sensation #3420)
If you’re not a Young Living member, why not?!? You’ll get 24% off retail prices when you’re a wholesale member. For al you can do with the starter kit, it is really worth it. Check out more ways to use the Young Living Premium Starter Kit, why the oil quality matters and why ours is absolutely unmatched. (You should know that stuff!) But it’s OK if you only want to see how to get started for over half off!
BE a part of the shift away from chemicals & synthetics!! Moving toward natural and simple sure feels like the right thing for me. Every single day, we can help to change all sorts of statistics, friends! Together, we take corporate greed out of corporate hands and we create our own better…well, everything. Let’s start with our health!
Sign up to receive our blog posts by email while they’re free!
If you haven’t already, click to like us on Facebook!